About three-quarters of the way through my first attempt to knit the Lady Eleanor entrelac stole, I finally figured out how to knit backwards, thereby limiting the number of times I had to turn the work by about half. It would've been considerably more than that, except that I couldn't figure out how to slip with yarn in back and purl two together backwards, which meant I still had to do all the odd-numbered tiers turning all the time.
Just cast on my second attempt, and I've finally figured it out! \o/ Now all I need to do from the wrong-side is to pick up and purl - and eventually I may figure that out too! Next, spinning!